Saturday, October 5, 2013

Fall overview part three I couldn’t think of a good title so I just made a bunch of boob jokes



So here we are at the third part of the fall overview and I am still going strong. I have run across my second bad show of the season but we will get to that later. With this article I am ten shows into to the fall season and I am glad that I have found one really good show with this group.

Strike the Blood

There have been several rumors surrounding the appearance of an especially powerful vampire known as the fourth progenitor. The truth of the matter is that he is just a high school student. A teenage girl with demon hunting powers is sent out to monitor him. Overall I found this to be a paint by numbers urban fantasy with slightly stock characters. However I didn’t find it to be terrible and the characters could grow to be more interesting.

I Couldn’t Become a Hero, So I Reluctantly Decided to Get a Job

There was a fantasy world that was threatened by a demon lord. However that demon lord was defeated and that left all of the prospective heroes out of a job. One such guy named Raul starts working at a general store. This show is a stupid fan service show. This doesn’t look like it has any quality behind it so it isn’t something like a Strike Witches or Pet Girl of Sakura sou. 

Nagi no Asukara

Due to a history with a sea god there are some people who can live under the sea. However there are not enough of them to keep their school open so they have to transfer to a school on the surface. There are several small problems and misunderstandings that occur as a result. Nagi no Asukara is a new show by PA works and it looks to be another one of their special brand of slice of life dramas. Features such as animation that really takes advantage of undersea scenery and a slow build up of characters look like hallmarks of what could be a great show.  

No comments:

Post a Comment