Thursday, October 8, 2015

Fall 2015 season overview part 2 There will be blood

Now that I have gotten the chance to watch some more shows I am slightly catching up on the pile of new shows of this season. However with just one exception I haven't seen any good shows yet. I think part of the problem with that short shows have been half of the shows I have seen this season yet few if any of them are created with the promise of being just tolerable. Hopefully this season will be better in the end.

Kagewani

In the world there are monsters that haunt the corners of the world and Sousuke Banba is a scientist who wants the find the truth behind them.

This is a short show and one thing I remember is that short shows do a poor job with horror. The cheap looking animation style is the final nail in the coffin. Dropped.

Lovely Muuko san

Muuko is a lively little dog who lives in the mountains with his owner, a single man who makes glassware for a living.

This show is a short comedy about a dog who talks but acts like almost every dog you know. It's not high art but I believe that this show will be enjoyable to the right audience.

Young Black Jack

In the 1960's there is a young medical student named Hazama Kuro with remarkable talent and a patched body. This show is the beginning of his legend.

Black Jack was one of the more famous works of the foundational manga artist Osamu Tezuka. I am not sure how faithful this show is but I can say that it;s style has been updated to look nice and the show still feels relevant. I will continue to watch this one.




No comments:

Post a Comment