Thursday, January 8, 2015

Winter 2015 season overview part 2 Absolute Bear Apocalypse





With this part of the season overview I final get to one of the shows that I (just about everyone else) was planning on watching. While just like any other show it's only the first episode that show was just as good as I hoped it would be. I also review a couple of other shows that were definitely not as good and just standard examples of not well loved subgenres of anime.



Absolute Duo

Kokone Thor is a young man who has just enrolled at a school for people who can use blaze to manifest soul weapons. He is paired with a beautiful white haired girl.
This feels like it is just another generic light novel adaptation anime. While not all light novel adaptations are generic or mediocre I have a strong feeling that Absolute Duo is not the example one would use to make said case.



The testament of sister new devil



One day Basara's dad remarries and he now has two new stepsisters who are actually demons. He is also a hero with super powers.



I haven't actually seen High school Dxd but everything I saw in this show makes me feel like it is trying to be the next High School DxD. Expect a lot of fan service and some action to boot.



Yuri Kuma Arashi



A incident caused bears to become intelligent and vicious and that led to the construction of a wall between humans and bears. This is the story of two bears who have disguised themselves as humans the the girl they plan on eating.



This show is an early contender for best show of the season. It has crazy and imaginative direction and has a fun absurdist acting making it a fun and unique show that I recommend to any serious fan of anime.



No comments:

Post a Comment