Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Top Ten anime of 2014

I did a list of my favorite anime of 2013 and since I am still writing on my anime blog I decided that I should make a list for 2014.

Like all list of favorite stuff I have to put in the warning that it is of course only my opinion. I will continue with the condition that the show must have concluded in 2014. This is my reason that Parasyte, Fate Stay Night, Shiro bako or Aldonoah Zero are not on the list. Also the other condition is that I finished the show as well. This my reason Bahamut isn't on the list either even though it is fun to watch. So in no particular order of quality(although I am progressing through the seasons as I make this list) here is my list of the best 10 anime shows of 2014.

1. Hajime no Ippo the Fighting Rising

Hajime no Ippo is my favorite sports anime of all time and I was glad there was another season of it. Even if you haven't seen the previous two seasons this show is a mixture of fun characters and intense fighting.

2. Silver Spoon

My conditions prevented me from putting this show on my list so I will do with this year. This show is a insightful and makes you think while still being an overall fun show.

3. Inari Kon Kon

This story of a girl and her forays into the supernatural was my favorite winter 2014 show. I found this show to be a nice character focused show.

4. No game No life

This story of two Otaku transported to a fantasy world run by games manages to be really fun simply because of the verve and audacity of the main character.

5. One Week Friends

This is a subdued kind of show that felt like it had some of the romantic elements I sort of liked in anime without being too heavy handed with them.

6. Hunter x Hunter

This show is one the best shonen shows of all time and the fact that it ended this year guarantees it a spot on my top 10 list.

7. Barakamon

This was an interesting slice of life show that had a bit more intellectual and emotional meat to it while still being true to the genre.

8. Monthly girls Nozaki Kun

While I technically don't have any shoujo anime on this list this comedy is the closest thing I have and it makes me not regret my lack.

9. Hanayamata

This tale of five girls learning to perform a dance was one that I found really fun to watch and one that really struck me as well animated.

10. Yuuki Yuna no Yuusha

This magical girl show is one that shows you can follow the ideas presented in Makoka Magica and still make a good and original show.

No comments:

Post a Comment