Tuesday, December 31, 2013

top ten anime of 2013

 One of the anime blog traditions is to name your list of favorite anime for the year, and it sounds like a tradition that I should probably partake in.
 
As all top ten lists seem to need warning and the like here are my personal conditions for the list. To make the list they must be an anime series that finished In 2013. That is my explanation for Silver Spoon, Golden Time, Log Horizon and the like not being on the list. Also they must be shows that I finished, currently I am behind with Monogatari and need to catch up on the second season of Chihayafuru otherwise they might be on the list as well.Beyond that the usual disclaimer of this is all my personal opinion but isn't that always the case with anime blogs? So without further rambling here is my list in no particular order.
 
1.Eccentric family
This was a mostly unheard of drama that caught my eye. It was also the first audio review that I ever did.
 
2.Attack on Titan
This was the breakout title of the year and this time I was swept up on this hype train. If you are somehow the anime community equivalent of living in a cave I suggest you watch this dark action show.
 
3,From the new world
This was a really interesting show that stretched the boundaries of what I thought science fiction was capable of and is one of the most mature anime shows I have seen in a while.
 
4.My youth comedy is wrong as expected
This show is perhaps one of the best light novel adaptations I have seen in a while. It subtley subverts many of the stereotypes that plague high school romantic comedies and is really fun.
 
5.Gargantia
This is perhaps the most original mecha show I have seen in years. The sheer creativity in both story and visuals easily make up for a couple of weak episodes.
 
6.Psycho Pass
This cyberpunk cop show Is a nice call back to the style of old classics while being a strong piece in it's own right.
 
7.Pet Girl of Sakura sou
This show has gotten a lot of undeserved hate but I found this to be a really thoughtful and heartfelt series.
 
8.The world god only knows
I have always found the the world god only knows to be a fun and interesting show but this season just blows everything else coming before it out of the water.
 
9.Love Lab
This is the kind of show that I am in the blogging business for, the show that you didn't expect to be good. Excellent character chemistry and solid humor make this an exceptional comedy.
 
10.Little Busters Refrain
To be complete honest I am a bit of a Key fan and I am glad that this second season of Little Busters lived up to what the franchise was capable of.

So that's it for 2013. I look forward to a splendid 2014 with all of you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment