Friday, July 25, 2014

My wrath upon Love Stage

I was thinking that after a few months of never using it I was thinking of retiring the lead rating from my review scale. I usually avoid these types of shows as they are not my cup of tea so to speak but I wanted to try something different for a change. My curiosity in this case was something that was not rewarded in this case.

I was okay with the idea of Love stage for the first two episodes and was willing to watch the show and give it a decent review. Then the third episode aired and my benefit of the doubt was twisted into disgust. The reason for this is that in the later half of the episode Ryouma attempts to rape Izumi.

My main problem with this event is that all of the indications is that this event will be nothing to derail the eventuality that Izumi and Ryouma will eventually get together. Stuff like this should never be portrayed positively. Secondly it reinforces the idea that the two main leads are nothing more than Seme and Uke stereotypes. These stereotypes are some of the most toxic and offensive ones that exist in fandom. In the end you would have to pay me for me to continue watching this show.

Overall this show hits a lot of my sore spots and I can't even make it past the third episode to see how it's going to turn out.

Rating the Lead Rainbow for being utterly repulsive material. 

No comments:

Post a Comment