Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Summer 2014 season overview part eight Things I almost missed

I thought I was done with the season overview thing until I realized not only was there a few shows I missed but also was a bit short on shows that were actually fun and engaging. Fortunately I decided to watch these shows and I am glad that I did.

Terror in Resonance

Two mysterious boys are connected to a reign of terror. They recruit a female passerby in the first episode.

This is one of the Noitamina shows of the season. Although they have proven to be hit or miss the first episode gives some hope that this will be one of the better shows. The thing about these kinds of shows is that there is only eleven episodes so it isn't much of a commitment either way.

Tokyo Esp

In a science fiction world there are people with supernatural powers some of them wish to rule over normal humans but there are others like Rinka also known as the "White girl" who will protect the innocent.

The first episode of the show is a giant in media res action piece much like the first episode os Ga Rei Zero (yes that cameo in the first minute made me think of that show)  so I can call it a good start to a show about fighting with a bit of thought.

HImegoto

Hime Arikawa is a boy who looks like a girl who is threatened by the Yakuza for some debts. He is saved by a local high school student council who wants to make him their servant.

This is a short show with a plot that reads like Hayate the Combat Butler with a cross-dressing twist. Wait a minute there was an episode where Hayate was made to dress up as a girl, go watch that show instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment