Friday, October 10, 2014

fall 2014 season overview part 4 at your fanservice

I start playing catch up by watching four shows at once for an overview. I intended to have this be the shojo section but I found out that two of the shows I was planning on watching were shorts and I usually don't review those. So I carried on by watching some other more male oriented shows with one possible gem if you are the right (or wrong) kind of anime fan.

Fruit of Grisaia

always wanted to go to a normal school and in a weird way his wish was granted. However the school isn't entirely normal as there are only six students, including him and all of them have shady pasts. While this show does have a lot of fan service in it I found something compelling in the main character and the show's foreshadowing that makes me think it could be something more than a show like Rail wars.

Cross Ange

Angelise was a princess until one it was discovered that she can't use mana thus was sent to a prison and made to fight dragons on a mecha. This is a strange sci fi action show that has quite a bit of fan service in it (what is the deal with those uniforms?). It does look like it has some decent writing behind it but be warned, the ending of the first episode can be quite uncomfortable for some viewers.

Trinity Seven

One day Arata found that the world was different and the sun had turned black. After finding out the truth he was enrolled into a magic academy. This has all the makings of a silly harem show that I still think this might be better than Magical warfare but honestly that isn't saying much.

Shiro Bako

Aoi and her friends dreamed of working in animation in high school and now they are adults and seeing what that dream is like. This feels like it is a different enough take on the whole "Four or so girls something slice of life" kind of show that I am rather interested in seeing how this plays out. Besides being about animation studio I feel I might learn something about how it is made.


No comments:

Post a Comment