Thursday, October 16, 2014

Fall 2014 season overview part 7 Hulu world

If you know me and this blog by now you know that I start with the crunchyroll shows first and then start reviewing the funimation shows about a week later when they start being available to non subscribers. It gives me some spacing so I am not overwhelmed (even when my timing is a bit more on point). I found some interesting shows in this batch that I hope you might like.

Rage of Bahamut

This is world of fantasy and in that world there are bounty hunters like Leone Favare who are out to take any adventure that offers them enough money or hot women. I saw the first episode of this and it felt like a good action movie with really nice animation. I feel this is for the people looking for another Samurai Champloo or Space Dandy.

Lord Marksman and Vandis

Tigre is a nobleman who is phenomenal with a bow but even is skill wasn't enough to keep him from being captured. However instead of a life in a cell he caught the attention of his captor the war maiden Ellenora. This show is a fan service laden fantasy show but one with enough action and characters to make this more than just a show with boobs.

Selector Spread Wixross

Ruko thought she was going to get her wish with her last Wixross battle but things went horribly wrong. Still she is saddled with her fate as a selector. When just about everyone first looked at Wixross they dismissed it as a Madoka clone but it was at least passable show. With a second season I wonder where this show will take viewers.

In Search of the lost future

Sou was a normal high school boy who had feelings for a normal girl Kaori.  One day Kaori gets hit by a bus but then the hands of time reverse and Sou is holding some strange naked girl. I know the ending of the first episode was supposed to hook me on the show but the characters felt incredibly generic and the show leaned on Cg way too much for no real reason except to be cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment