Sunday, July 5, 2015

Summer 2015 Season overview part 1 Small schools



Hello everyone. I am back from my sort of hiatus (brought on by a bunch of overtime) to talk about the new anime shows of the season. For the first batch of shows I chose a couple of short running shows as well as one other one (I try to theme these articles but it almost never comes out perfectly). While I tend to avoid very short shows as they take longer to write about than to watch. However I found these shows substantial enough to be worth writing about and if you are the right kind of anime fan, good enough to watch.

Note all of the anime listed is available at crunchyroll

My wife is the student council president

Hayato is the vice president of the high school after losing the election to Ui. Later another surprise occurs when he finds out that she was engaged to him at the age of three and has come to fulfill that promise.

This show is harem show with some fan service in it. While I usual write a lot of these shows off I found there was a decent emotional element to the show. However who knows, it could all turned sour.

Wakaba Girl

Wakaba is a rich girl who wants to be a more common girl. At the normal high school she goes to she meets and befriends three other girls.

This is a slice of life show which can be pretty much described as four girls stand around and be cute. This show is only eight minutes long so it might be bite sized enough for quite a few viewers.

Classroom Crisis

In the future there is a special classroom on Mars which is also a branch of a corporation. As in anime tradition there is a transfer student, who the rest of the class has to save from asteroid miners who have kidnapped him. As a twist it turns out that he had transferred to the class in order to downsize it.


I found Classroom Crisis to be a possibly decent show with some good action elements to it although none of the characters really stand out. I think the worst that I can say about the show is that it feels rather forgettable.  

No comments:

Post a Comment