Friday, April 29, 2016

Sakura Con 2016



As someone who is an anime fan as well as some who has gone the convention for almost every year since it's founding, I went to Sakura con this year. Like most years I rode the bus down to the convention center because a bus ride is the cheapest and most efficient way down there as well as a good way to travel home after you are dead tired from convention going. I arrived early enough that the preregistration line was non existent and wandered about the convention for a while. I wandered about for about a day and half at the convention and did various thing there. Here are a couple of notes of the more salient things that I noticed and did.
    1. went to two of the idol panels and learned the following things. The idol boom is so big because there are a significant number of female fans. Thus both the Love live and Idolmaster panels were packed in a way that a To Love Ru panel could never be.
    2. I went to the Sentai panel, no not company, the stuff that is turned into Power Rangers when it comes to America. It was interesting to learn about what was an inspiration for so many anime shows.
    3. I saw Anthem of the Heart. A review will be coming soon but in a nutshell this movie was really good. Sometimes you get to watch a movie at a convention and this was one of the times when it was truly worth it.
    4. I went to the dealers room to get some anime related goodies. I noticed that there were few items about shows that started last year. Offerings seem balanced between shonen dominated by One piece and Dragon ball, Various moe shows, and the trinity of Fujoshi bait shows, Free, Kuroko's basket and Haikyu.
    5. The noticable favorite in terms of Cosplay this year is Undertale although like last year there is a good mix of different shows.
    6. I did get one figure from Love Live. I decided that throwing fifty dollars for a random figure in a bag was the Love live way. I ended up with a Rin figure.
    7. I ended up doing less that I had hoped to but I was undone by dehydration. Remember to drink plenty of water before you go to the convention and get your hands on any free liquid you can. 

      You can find the various convention pictures I took at think link

No comments:

Post a Comment