Monday, April 4, 2016

Spring 2016 Season Overview part 1 A mystery wrapped inside an enigma inside Crunchy roll

I am hopefully casting off the doldrums of blog hiatus and starting up regular posts with this posts today. As usual one of my regular deals is to review the first episode of every show I watch. I don't know how long I will walk this proverbial minefield for your hopeful benefit. With this particular post I tell you about the first three shows that I have seen this season, all of them on Crunchy roll.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Diamond is Unbreakable

One day in the town of Morioh Jotaro arrives to inform Josuke that he is a member of the Joestar clan and entitled to part of his father's fortune as well as to avoid some mysterious threat. However Josuke possesses a supernatural power known as a stand. I rarely review season four of a given franchise in these overviews but I find this show to be a special case. I have found this show to be a bit slower than your usual Jojo fare but I have heard good things about this section of the show and it still felt good enough that I will continue watching.

Mayogiga (aka The lost village)

A bus with 30 people who wish to do their lives over again heads for the mysterious town of Nanaki. However there subtle hints that not all is going to end well. I found the first episode to be mostly setup since so many characters are difficult to remember and although I don't feel it is a modern classic it looks like it could be at least a decent show if you like mystery and possibly horror shows.

Ace Attorney

Naruhodo is a brand new attorney ready to taken on his first case. To start out he is tasked with proving his friends innocence in a murder trial. This show is based off of a series of games known in America as Phoenix Wright. I found the first episode to be merely passable but from most mystery shows (and any work about the legal process counts) tend to use the first episode as a mere proof of concept and are never among the best episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment