Wednesday, January 10, 2018

winter 2018 season preview part 5 unexpected visitors

It is said that there are only two stories, either someone starts a journey or a stranger comes to town. Maybe that only can be said of some of the anime shows here but then again there wasn't too many slice of life stories back then (I blame a lack of paper).



A Ryouo's work is never done

Yaichi is a young shogi prodigy being the holder of the Ryouo title at age sixteen. One day a nine year old girl named Ai shows up at his apartment and wants to become his disciple.

This show is a pretty cute show with some nice characters. There is one fan service scene in the first episode so I wonder how prevalent that will be in future episodes.

Karakai Jozu no Takagi

Nishikata is a high school age boy who wants to do nothing more than to prank his female classmate Takagi. However she is a bit more clever than him so she ends up pulling pranks on Nishikata instead.

This show feels a bit like a bunch of short shows strung together into a full length episode. I found the show to be funny and cute but I wonder how long it will last.


Basalisk

There was a huge ninja war ten years ago and now a new group of children train to become ninjas. That includes Hachirou and Hibiki who come from different ninja clans but are fated to marry.

I didn't watch the first season of the show so I don't know how much I missed. I have the feeling that there will be some strange and cool ninja combat but I have no idea on how the plot will turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment