Saturday, April 5, 2014

Spring 2014 season overview part 2 Pretty Jerks

Spring 2014 season overview part 2

Even though I try to cover three or four shows in every article of my season overviews anime's scheduling doesn't seem to always want to fit my plans and does stuff like dumping a bunch of shows on Saturday for everyone to watch. While I try to get through this new backlog I will start with some of the female targeted shows, if for no other reason than to get them out of the way like some loathsome vegetable on my heterosexual male metaphor plate.

The File of Young Kindaichi Returns


Hajime Kindachi is a brilliant but lazy student who get caught up in mysteries, because this is a mystery show.I found Kindachi to be somewhat forgettable as a character and knowing that this is a mystery most of the rest of the cast will go away once this mystery is cleared up. I found this a difficult show to comment on simply because show tosses the viewer into a veritable deep end without much explanation.  Then again this is often how shows like this work so it could still be fun for the right viewer.

Kamigami no Asobi

Yui is a girl who by some plot device is tasked with teaching a bunch of beautiful male gods about love. This is simply a show that is boy candy for girls and if I were a betting man I would put money on it being generally trite. Then again I have the feeling that many of my readers already suspect this about this show.

Still the world is beautiful

Princess Nike is princess of the rain kingdom and she was sent to marry the king of the sun kingdom. Now this is a shoujo show that inspires a bit of faith in me as the first episode is spent setting up the protagonist rather than bowl the viewer over with bishonen, even though it does look like there will be some attractive men in the cast. I will keep on watching this show for a few episodes at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment