Tuesday, April 8, 2014

spring 2014 season overview part four friendship through cockfighting

One thing that has been a bit of an oddity is that this season I have been able to theme my previews for some strange reason even though I wasn't planning on it beforehand. This time I am covering kid fighting shows, the genre that teaches about friendship through magical cockfighting.

Dragon Collection

This time the protagonist get's trapped in a fantasy video game about collecting dragons. While I will say that it isn't the most thought provoking of shows this show is probably the least painful of the three here to get through if you are above the age of ten. It is nice in that it is tightly paced and vibrant. I would almost call it a poor man's One Piece in a way, but there is real rubber pirate action anywhere you care to check so this is probably going to be my last viewing of the show.

Oreca Battle

Another little kid collecting and fighting show. Just about anything you could say about Dragon Collection you can say about this show as well, that is unless you consider snide remarks about how this kids parents let him dress like a cat in pubic.

Hero Bank

A young boy is saddled with an enormous debt and forced to pay it off in the gladiatorial ring. This show is a bit different from the others in not only is the kid fighting himself (albeit in a super suit) it is about the length of most anime shows. This show also has a strage Scrooge Mcduck-esque facination with money. I might decide to continue with this show if there is something I feeling like watching Ironically.

No comments:

Post a Comment