Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Arpeggio of Blue Steel mid season review

 
The show so cool you have to wear a jacket
As it turns out the fall of 2013 is a rather strong season as I have found there are about a dozen shows than I am following and only a couple of them are shows I am even considering dropping. Arpeggio of Blue steel is one of those shows I am enjoying and perhaps more than I thought I would. Maybe you might enjoy it as well.
 
No one expects the yuri monocle inquisition
First of all I fully understand that the premise of battleship girls is kind of stupid and perhaps a bit pandering as well, with perhaps a lot of prospective viewers taking a look and dismissing it as just another harem show. I have watched the show and about halfway through it I can say that this is not really the case. Even though the female cast has grown It is actually kind of nice that only Takao acts like your traditional lovestruck girl as opposed to most of the cast.
 
The logical conclusion to defeat means friendship
This show seems to follow a pattern of one episode focusing on characters followed by a second episode that is mostly focused on a large battle, with episode eight being the exception so far. I have found these battles to be enjoyable as well.So far there has been two naval battles and  This is where the show's decision to go entirely cg has paid off the most in my opinion.

This brings us to the possible downfall of the show, that the fact that the show is animated entirely with computer animation. In truth I am finding it to be less of a problem than I thought. I think that part of this is due to the fact that everything is in cg thus making it less obvious than when it is contrasted with something else and partially because since everything is in cg the animators are getting more experience with how to make cg work well.
 
Hyuuga is every shipper ever
Overall I have found Arpeggio of Blue Steel to be a generally fun and interesting anime show. If I were to encapsulate it into a simple sentence I would say that it is "Like Infinite Stratos, only with less fan service.I give this show a solid bronze with the possible hint of silver if it gets even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment