Friday, July 19, 2013

First Judgement, end of the preview


Scissors, it's totally a thing this year


For the summer season I have watched a total of twenty anime shows and have given a short synopsis of all of them.

The first thing that I can say is that my intuition proved to be mostly correct about most shows. It comes with seeing as much anime as I have. However I can't say that it was entirely accurate and there was a couple of shows that I missed in my pre-viewing assesments of shows, so I can that this experiment has been valuable for me as well as (hopefully) you. So without further ado here is my first overall judgement of the summer anime season.

Dog and Scissors, Gifu Dodo, Blood Lad and Fate Kaleid Liner Prism Illiya

These four are the shows I dropped after one episode with no intention of watching them again. Each of them were unenjoyable for their own reasons but all definetely did not make make cut so to speak.

Free! And Makai Ouji

I also dropped these two shows after one episode. However these cases I did so for an entirely different reason, namely I am a heterosexual man. I didn't find these shows particular bad and I could be peruaded to pick them up again by some evidence that they become better or by some type of group viewing. Either way I bear no ill will or negative judgement against those that do watch these shows.

Chronicles of the going home club, Servant x Service, Kinmoza and Genshiken Nidame

All four of these shows are slice of life comedies of middling quality.  While I have no intention of immediately dropping any of these shows  on simple issues of quality (in fact as of this article I have already seen the second episode of some of these shows) I am also aware that I at any time may simply lose interest simply because I don't usually watch so many comedy shows at one time. I think I will post about what shows I actually managed to finish at the end of September.

The world god only knows goddesses and Monogatari second season

both of these are extensions of media franchises that I already enjoy. In both cases they have not disapointed me with a new season and I plan to watch both of them to completion.

The eccentric family and Gatchaman crowds

These two shows are similar in that I wasn't thinking of watching them at the beginning of the month but after seeing the first episodes of both I am thinking of watching them further.

Illusion Daybreak, Fantastia Doll and Rozen Maiden

As of this article I have seen the second episode of all of these shows. I felt that seeing the second episode was important in terms of judging all of these shows on account that they were a bit vague in giving the viewer a good impression of where they were going. As for what I have found.

Illusion Daybreak feels a bit less like a magical girl show and more of a dark superhero show with an all girl cast. I am enjoying this show and where it is going so far.

Fantastia Doll is a fairly decent magical girl type show that pretends to be shoujo but really isn't. I wouldn't say this is a really good show but it has given me two episodes of fluffy entertainment so far so I will keep watching.

I wasn't expecting what the second episode of Rozen Maiden to be like it was but I am somewhat intrigued. It is possible that I may continue watching but I am currently unsure.

Silver Spoon
This show something I haven’t been looking for but I am glad I found. It is a sort of slice of life series with more weight to it than your standard four school girl show but at the same time doesn’t feel pretentious. I will keep with this show until the end.

Sunday without god
On the other hand this show does feel a bit full of itself. I am especially annoyed at the male protagonist trying too hard to mysterious. I am not sure about this show.

Stella c3

This show is really fun. It’s light hearted comedy with a decent action scene in each episode so far. It’s one of my favorites of the season so far.

Watamote

I was almost thinking of lumping this show in with the rest of the comedies. However It is different and sardonic enough that I feel like it stands out on it’s own. I will keep on watching this.

No comments:

Post a Comment