Thursday, July 11, 2013

Summer overview part five Silver and Gold




In my insatiable greed for anime shows to watch an episode of before dropping I have done the unthinkable, I have gone to different streaming sites. I know I sound crazy but some shows get licensed to other, non cruncyroll people.  It’s just one of the odd things I do just to bring the best in reviewing to you the viewer. Why would I say stuff like that? Because unfounded arrogance I just part of being an anime blogger.

 Kinmoza

One summer a girl named Shinobu goes to stay In England for a while. She stayed with an English family that had a daughter named Alice who is the same age as Shinobu. Even though they had some trouble at first they eventually became friends. Eventually Shinobu has to go back to Japan and one day Alice decides to take a trip to Japan as well. Kin Iro Mosiac is a with two main hooks, Engrish and being quite adorable. It looks like they took some care to make sure the English phrases have decent grammar so the Engrish isn’t that unintentionally hilarious.

Sunday without God
One Sunday god announced to the world that he was fed up and leaving humans to their own devices and left. Since then people were incapable of dying no matter how badly they were injured, that is unless a gravekeeper put them to rest. Ai is such a gravekeeper. I found this show to be an interesting one and one that looks like It could be intellectual. The first episode is mostly used to set up the premise of the show as well as introduce us to the characters so can’t tell too much about it.

Blood Lad
Staz is a vampire who lives in the demon world and is fascinated with humans and human culture. One day a busty human girl about Staz’s age comes to the demon world. She quickly dies and returns as a ghost but Staz vows to bring her back to life. Even though this is a story about a normal girl and a vampire this is very obviously a show for boys instead of girls. The art style makes this look like a weekly shonen manga. Overall I think it’s not a terrible show but one that I probably will not continue with.

Silver spoon
Hachiken Yuugo decided to go to an agricultural university even though he studied a prestigious high school in the big city. Little does he know that this school is much harder than you would think it is. I wasn’t able to glean too much information from this first episode as most of it was dedicated to showing what an out of place city boy the main character is and him learning to like eggs even though they come from a chicken’s ass. Not much is given to the main character’s motivation although I expect that to be given an extensive flashback in a future episode. Overall I found this show to be unique enough to keep watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment